Monday, May 11, 2009

Angelmine

He searched for those wings that he knew
That his angel should have at her back.
And, although he can't find them,
He really doesn't mind
Because he knows they'll grow back.

And as he reached for that halo that he knows
That she had when she first caught his eye,
Although his hand came back empty,
He's really not worried
'Cause he knows it still shines.

I can't promise that I'll grow those wings
Or keep this tarnished halo shined,
But I'll never betray your trust.

I search all the time on the ground
For our shadows cast side by side,
Just to remind me that I haven't gone crazy,
That you exist and are mine. 

And I know that your skin is as warm and as real
As that smile in your eyes
But I have to keep touching and smelling
And tasting, for fear it's all lies. 

I can't promise that I'll grow those wings,
Or keep this tarnished halo shined,
But I'll never betray your trust.

Last night I awoke from the deepest of sleeps,
With your voice in my head.
And I could tell by your breathing
That you were still sleeping
I repeated those words that you had said;

I can't promise that I'll grow those wings,
Or keep this tarnished halo shined
But I'll never betray your trust,
Angelmine.

4 comments:

  1. ditto.
    I dont know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss interpreted
    obfuscated
    eyes wide shut
    tears race
    sand paper to cement
    rough and raw

    forgive me?

    if not today, perhaps one day
    some
    other day
    for now, i still love you
    and have never strayed

    ReplyDelete